Searching Systematically for your Research Online
RCSI x 2.5 CPD credit (pending)
NMBI x 2.0 CEU credit (pending)
- Develop a good research question
- Describe your question using a recognized template such as PICO or PEO
- Select appropriate resources (Books, book chapters, databases, websites, guidelines, grey literature
Related LibGuide: Searching systematically by Isabelle Delaunois
- Tuesday, November 7, 2023
- 10:00am - 12:30pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
Develop a focused research question
Describe your question using a recognised template such as PICO, PEO etc.
Understand the different types of clinical questions and their corresponding level of evidence
Understand the different sources of information
Understand and use search language
Develop and save a search strategy that is systematic and reproducible
The session will be followed up with an evaluation survey
The training will be delivered online and will include practical exercises in breakout rooms. For this reason, you should attend this course on a PC/laptop rather than a hand held device.
Pre-course materials and requirements will be emailed to registered participants before the training.
It is recommended that participants on this course also attend a HLI database training course (eg Searching Medline/CINAHL) and the Managing references using EndNote and Rayyan course
Regional Hospital Mullingar